If any NFL team out there would like to sign Ryan Fitzpatrick, he’s still open to it.

The former New York Jets quarterback admitted that he considered hanging up his pads during a difficult 2016 season, but says he wants to keep his career going.

Though Fitzpatrick hasn’t received any interest or offers yet, he expects to have some opportunities after the draft is sorted out next week.

“I’m working out, excited for my next opportunity,” Fitzpatrick told Gary Myers of the Daily News on Tuesday. “Once the draft happens, the picture will become much clearer.”

Fitzpatrick held out during most of last offseason before eventually receiving the one-year, $12-million offer he had reportedly desired right before the Jets kicked off training camp.

The season that ensued was one of Fitzpatrick’s worst, and came after he had sold the team and himself on the idea that he could lead them to a playoff appearance. The 5-11 year caused Fitzpatrick to doubt whether he wanted to continue.

“Last year was the hardest year I’ve had,” Fitzpatrick said. “Last year was the most difficult year for me. Not physically, just kind of mentally and emotionally.

“I had to take a step back and think about it. Is this something I still want to do? Football is something so ingrained in me, something I love doing and definitely something I want to do. I still want to compete and I still think I can contribute whether I am in a starting role or whatever capacity.”

Despite a lack of standout athletic skills, Fitzpatrick has played 12 seasons in the NFL split between six franchises, earning over $51 million, according to spotrac.com.

Copyright © 2017 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.