Scroll down to see his updated rankings for 2017, including analysis below. Rookies will be added following the NFL draft.
- Tyrod Taylor – The Bills decided to keep Taylor after all, and as promised, he gets a slight bump in the rankings. If Taylor can get a full season with a healthy Sammy Watkins, he’ll finish the year as a QB1 in fantasy.
- Jameis Winston – Speedster DeSean Jackson brings a new element to the Bucs’ attack, and will give Winston another quality target outside of Mike Evans. The pieces are now in place for Winston to take his game to the next level, assuming head coach Dirk Koetter is willing to open the offense up.
- Kirk Cousins – Jackson and Pierre Garcon chose not to re-sign in the nation’s capital, leaving 214 targets behind. While their departures aren’t great news for Cousins, Washington has replacements lined up in Terrelle Pryor, Jamison Crowder, and Josh Doctson. Tight ends Jordan Reed and Vernon Davis will also help ease the burden. A slight regression should be expected, but Cousins remains a low-end fantasy starter.
- Eli Manning – You know you had a bad year when your coach blames you for the offense’s struggles. The arrival of a legit No. 2 passing option in Brandon Marshall should help cure what ails Manning’s game, especially when it comes to the Giants’ red-zone efficiency, giving him a chance to return to fantasy relevance.
- Carson Wentz – This will be a telling year for the sophomore passer, after an up-and-down rookie season. With real weapons in place (Alshon Jeffery, Jordan Matthews, Torrey Smith, Zach Ertz) there are no more excuses. Wentz is worth monitoring as a fantasy sleeper, but the Eagles system could hold him back.
- Tony Romo – Once we know which jersey Romo will be wearing in 2017, we’ll be able to accurately rank him. The main candidates floated around (Texans, Broncos) would be intriguing for his fantasy value, if he can avoid another injury.
- Mike Glennon/Brian Hoyer – Both quarterbacks are set up for starting jobs with their new teams, but don’t be fooled seeing their names making headlines in free agency. These guys are well off the fantasy radar.
Copyright © 2017 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.